What to do in Sámara?
Don't worry, our receptionists will advise you perfectly !
Sámara is a little developed seaside village where life is good and where families like to come for vacation. Far from the maddening crowd of the northern beaches, the coast is lined with coconut trees and is considered among one of the most beautiful and safest Costa Rican beaches.
A coral barrier all along the coastline breaks the waves and currents thus making it ideal for swimming and learning how to surf. For expert surfers, we have Buena Vista beach (5min), Camaronal beach and Guiones beach which are approximately 25 and 35 minutes away.
For nature lovers, discover at only 400 m by walk from the hotel, the wild Buena Vista Beach, a protected area for turtles reproduction and a fishing spot well-known by Ticos. All the team will be glad to help you plan your daily schedules if you desire so, in French, English or Spanish.
In Samara, for your enjoyment :
- • Ask our reception desk for the map of the trails that surround the hotel and go to the discover of the spectacular Cedar tree, a tree of more than 600 years !
- • Take a horseback ride with Audrey through the forest, crossing rivers, and enjoy the sunset on Barrigona beach
- • Go with Stéphane for a sport-fishing day "No Kill". (for details : Samara Fishing Trip)
- • Allow yourself a little exercise during an expedition in a sea kayak where you can disembark on neighboring islets
- • Begin learning or try to better your surfing skills enlisting in one of 3 schools which rent the necessary equipment
- • At night time observe turtles spawning (Camaronal and Oscional Beach) un unforgettable moment full of emotion
- • Fly over the emerald waters on an Ultra Light
- • Visit the animal shelter in Carillo for wounded animals and their rehabilitation into the wild
- • Slide from tree to tree on a Canopy tour
- • Learn Spanish at «Escuela de lingua » in Samara
- • Indulge yourself in a massage at the Natural Spa in Samara or on the beach.
- • Adopt the “Zen Attitude” practising Yoga
- • Do some exercise if you desire at the gymnasium and weight room in Samara
Farther away :
- • Discover the Chorotega art through the potteries of Guaitil
- • Visit the Diria Coffee plantation at Hojancha
- • Discover the immense Costa Rican fauna and flora biodiversity visiting regional biological reserves (Nosara, Barra Honda, Palo Verde)
- • Go for a great 4WD expedition to discover the beaches of the south and the north of the peninsula of Nicoya
- • Get near the volcanoes and immerse into relaxing thermal springs
- ...and much more...